We all want to keep Blackacre open and accessible allowing us to share its history and beauty with the community for many years to come. Please help us accomplish this by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Photographer(s) are required to have their permits visible at all times while on any part of the historic homestead, fields, in the woods, or any other public area of the state nature preserve or historic homestead. Including the Community Garden or fields at the front of Blackacre adjacent to Tucker Station RD. We prefer that photographers wear their permits on a lanyard.
- No dogs or other domestic animals are permitted on Blackacre grounds.
- Guests and photographers who rearrange hay bales, barrels or move horse drawn wagons, carriages, or other Blackacre implements MUST RETURN THEM TO POSITION FROM WHERE EACH ITEM WAS REMOVED. Failure to do so could result in cancellation of future photography privileges at Blackacre.
- Guest and Photographer cars are not permitted past the general parking lot without special permission.
- Anyone seen using chalk to write on our buildings or otherwise marking or defacing our buildings will have their permits revoked and asked to leave the premise. Please be respectful of the grounds and building, Blackacre is a 200-year old historic homestead.
- Please be courteous to your fellow photographers and visitors to the grounds. Blackacre is a space that is meant to be enjoyed by all!
- Photographers and clients are not permitted on the grounds during private events, select Blackacre events and field trips. Blackacre requests that photographers check date availability prior to shooting by emailing requests to Blackacre3200@gmail.com or contacting our office at 502-266-9802.
Blackacre staff has the authority to approach anyone suspected of conducting a photography or video shoot and to enforce these rules. Failure to comply may result in removal from the premises. Blackacre reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to shoot on its premises.
Blackacre staff will be spot checking photographers. If you do not want to be stopped, make sure your permit is visible. Photographers found shooting on the grounds without the permit will be required purchase a permit on-site and will be subject to a $25 surcharge in addition to the membership cost.
Photographer Registration Form
Permit applications and payment must be received in advance of intended date(s) of photography. Permits are processed weekly and any permits received after the close of the business day on Monday will be processed the following week. Memberships are good for one year from date of purchase. Permits will be mailed to the address provided on the registration form.