Tomato Zucchini Casserole
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside.
In a large skillet, sauté zucchini in 1 tablespoon of butter until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; drain.
Arrange the zucchini in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with half of the cheese mixture. Top with tomatoes and remaining cheese mixture.
In a saucepan, sauté onion in remaining butter until tender; add bread crumbs and toss to combine. Sprinkle over top.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Yield: 6 servings.